Sunday, December 21, 2008

REAL Snow post

READ THIS IN ORDER DO NOT LOOK AT THE PICTURE FIRST!!!
This post actually has some text!
When I got up this morning, Danny and Noah were already outside. (this was around 9:30) I eventually got out, and there was a half-inch of ice covering EVERYTHING. That made it fun to just walk around, because the ice would break up into big chunks that we could break over each other's heads without getting (very) hurt.
The ice wasn't very good for sledding, though. It made it really bumpy, and it popped our sledding tube.

This is completely off-topic from the post title, but it's funny.
One of my dad's coworkers named Doug saw this website of a company they have to work with next year, and challenged me to write something even less clear:
link to website: http://www.pollinatemedia.com/Services.aspx

My attempt to beat his challenge:


And this is what he wrote after seeing it:


Wow!

I give this work high marks with the following comments:

1. I had to read it 5-6 times and I still have no clue what Synergy is selling. Perfect.
2. I had to reach for my Webster’s (that’s a printed dictionary, young Peter) for “Efficacious” and still came away effectively confused.
3. After my 5-6 readings I still wondered “Was that one insanely long sentence?” It wasn’t, but it felt like it.
4. The graphic looks like a Doom III player in the fetal position.

You have to work hard to be that confusing. I like it. And it totally blows away the work by the web guys- Maybe they’ll hire you!

Doug, eschewing obfuscation as always

21 comments:

Globetrotter said...

haha I like Doug's comments =) ... although I didn't find it THAT hard to read. lol I'm not sure you stated what the company is actually "selling" though. It sounded more like (the makings) of a mission statement with a lot of big words to me. XD Good work though.

Teddy said...

I liked theirs better, but nice job! In C.S. Lewis' "That Hideous Strength" there is a guy that talks like that. Oh and on Friday, at the Lego meeting you didn't go to and so we got no work done, Ben and Eli each had a glass of Dr. Pepper and a bunch of chocolate. That was hilarious.

~Teddy

P.S. I was thinking about what you said, (how you turned your back and suddenly I've taken over your blog), and as my minion, I command you to make me an admin of your blog. Thank you. =D

WolfAngel said...

I say WHAAAA?!?

Yes, very nice job, Peter. It's true that not many can be that confusing and still have a point. Bravo.

General405 said...

Thanks. Teddy, did you have the Dr. Pepper and chocolate at the same time? And will there be Dr. Pepper tomorrow (if it actually goes)?

Teddy said...

No practice tomorrow. I broke a piece of ice over Samuel's head. You should have seen the look on my mom's face when we did it in front of her (without telling her what we were going to do)!

@_@ Andrew said...

>_<
>_<
>_<
-_-'
Brain cramp.....
My 15% can't comprehend. I think I blow a fuse. O_________o

General405 said...

So they were both equally unclear to you?

WolfAngel said...

Uh-oh. What did I tell you about thinking too hard?!? You shouldn't have even been allowed to look at this page. -.-'

Globetrotter said...

Yeah Peter, failure to include a ridicules and often comical disclaimer... Andrew could sue you for this! XD

General405 said...

He just blew his fuses. It'll be a few months before those are replaced, and by then he'll have forgotten about this. ;)

@_@ Andrew said...

Umm idk what did you say about thinking to hard?? Did you tell me twise?? O_o I'm I'm sorry Michelle I I just couldn't help my self... -_-'
Wait what? I can sue.... so..... how many staples do you think I can take him for???.... O_o

Globetrotter said...

hm... good question. Ask Shellie, but my estimate would be around 8832 max, 11'teen for a minimum, and..... but likely right about 42. =D

WolfAngel said...

Hmm...I'm liking eleventeen, but I think you deserve 42. (Good guess, Isaac. ^_^)

Oh, btw, "and but", Isaac? Really? Tisk, tisk.

@_@ Andrew said...

I think I will go with the 42. But should I got for the multi colored or just the regular?

WolfAngel said...

Defnitely multi-colored. ;P

Globetrotter said...

oh, haha strange, don't know how that extra "and" got in there. lol but I agree. Go for the mult-colored ones man. It's small compensation for all those brain cells that can never be regained. XD

Teddy said...

Peter, I don't agree with your mom's policies.

Globetrotter said...

... I'm getting the impression that there's some (probably trivial) feud going on here, un benounced to the majority. lol =P

Teddy said...

It's not a feud ,it's an inside joke.

=D

General405 said...

As commented on Teddy's blog.

Globetrotter said...

got'cha.